Friday, August 10, 2012

Meeting the Challenges!

So I haven't kept put with the blog like I planned to (surprise, right?). I guess life got hectic and busy (another big surprise). New things have happened in my life, wonderful and sad. Let's start with the good and wonderful. I have made my way over the ocean twice more, once to Italy and Greece and another time to the United Kingdom. These experiences are wonderful and now I forever have the travel bug! It looks like I also might get to work for a time in the United Kingdom after I graduate. Nothing is official yet, but things are looking very good. My brother got married (finally) and I am extremely happy for him and extremely blessed in my new sister-in-law. I got to spend another amazing summer as a SOAR leader and made some wonderful memories! I am extremely grateful for the wonderful experiences I have been given.

Now for the sad, my time at Northwest is drawing to a close; soon I will no longer be a student there. Most of my friends have left Maryville find went on to jobs and higher education. Some of those same friendships are now beginning to fade. Another sad fact is that I no longer feel like a college student. As I look forward to finishing my degree, I begin to think about things like retirement, benefits, buying a house car, finding the love of my life...most of which are very much in my control but not the average college age worries…

But…I no longer have much of a desire to be a college student, let alone act like one. I have moved away from Maryville and while I will probably move back, I definitely won’t be the same and it absolutely will not be in the same capacity.

The good news is that I am ready for this. Now, you might be saying, "Kirk, you have no idea what it is like to be a grown up with responsibilities." You'd be perfectly right, but that's what I am saying I am ready for. I am ready for the new challenges. I am ready to once again step outside my comfort zone and experience new things, to meet new people and to make new friends. I am ready. I don’t know if I am prepared, but I am excited for the chance to find out.

I start student teaching next week, and then I start a full-time job after that. These are going to be wonderful challenges and I know God has not given me any more than I can handle. So, after an already insane college career, let this crazy life begin. I am going to finish 2012 strong with a degree and then meet the crazy challenges that await in 2013. It’s going to be a fun ride and hopefully I’ll keep you more updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment