Monday, January 16, 2012

As a reminder...

I posted this to facebook a long time ago.  I like it a lot and thinks it deserves its own blog post.

Here goes:

I care about those who don't have the money to feed themselves and get the healthcare they need, not about who is taking my money.

I worry about the person who doesn't have a job, not those that are supposedly stealing our jobs.

I believe that not allowing someone to marry the person they love because you don't believe in who they are is discrimination at its worse.

I think our planet is precious and should be protected against industry and no amount of money I have to pay will change my mind.

I think every person should have equal opportunity for a good education not just those who can afford it.

I believe that everyone has the right to believe what they choose to, and not be discriminated against for their beliefs.

I believe that the world must be taken with some evils for there are NO blacks and whites only varying shades of grey.

I think every opinion matters, not just those opinions that agree with me.

I think every person deserves kindness and respect regardless of who they are.

I am a liberal.


I see the good in the world around me, do you?

I have hope for the world around me, if people just open their eyes to the people around them, will you open yours?

I think putting yourself in someone else's shoes can have a huge impact; will you try on someone else's shoes?

I am not perfect and try to embrace imperfections, will you embrace mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment